What are they?
Root prefabricated titanium, which is placed on the site where there are no teeth. Replaces the natural result of short implants diente.consideramos those equal to or less than 8 mm.
Its use is subject to the patient’s anatomy as we can not place implants of regular size (10 mm or more). We use short dental implants and grafts to avoid possible complications, not damage sensitive anatomical structures (nerves, sinuses, etc…)
Advantages: Its advantages include a surgical technique with low morbidity, rapid bone healing as regular sized implants. Avoid having to bone grafts.
What are the zygomatic implants?
They are one of the longer implants normally used in mouth (about 45-55 mm against the conventional 10 to 15 mm) and placed like conventional anchored implants but slightly above, in the bone zygomatic.
When is it appropriate to use zygomatic implants?
- Severe bone resorption of the maxilla.
- Usually in patients who have many years without teeth.
- Patients who have undergone aggressive periodontal disease.
- In patients usually have little bone in the jaw
- To prevent other bone graft donor sites.
- When the recovery time and treatment is important.
- There are two types of treatments (although sometimes changes are made).
There are two types of treatments:)
- Patient still has some bone in the front of the jaw bone: 4 implants in the anterior maxilla and 2 zygomatic implants posteriorly placed.
- A patient suffering from a totally reabsorbed maxilla 4 zygoma implants, two in previous rearmost position and 2 are placed to merge them.
This procedure is done under local anesthesia and conscious sedation, the anesthesiologist came to our consultation. The patient is awake, very relaxed and time passes faster.